At The Industrial Electric Company of Charlotte, OSHA’s guidelines and regulations are a starting point for our safety program. With this in mind, each member of IndustrialElectric’s team is trained in all aspects of safety through successful completion of the 10 Hour OSHA Construction Course
The 10 Hour OSHA Construction Course is intended to provide workers with general awareness on recognizing and preventing hazards on a job site. The course follows the occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. Each employee receives a course completion card issued by the US Department of Labor.
Planning is the core of our safety program and the catalyst of superior performance. Through the development of the job specific Methods of Procedures, risks and hazards are identified, appropriate precautions are discussed, and every member of the team (including any subcontractors) is educated on the job site risks, procedures and precautions required.
Through training, planning, and management support, Industrial Electric has created a philosophy of acceptance and accountability for safety. That
philosophy is embedded in how we do things on a daily basis.
For us, safety goes far beyond policies and procedures, and this is exemplified by our low Experience Modification Rate (EMR). Industrial Electric’s EMR rating issued each year by the North Carolina Rate Bureau has consistently been below .84 since 2005. Only one day has been lost from work related injury in the past 10 years.
Together, all of these facets of life at Industrial Electric play meaningful roles in the safety of our employees.
- All personnel have completed the OSHA 10 Construction Course
- Detailed Safety Manual
- Weekly Documented Safety Meetings
- Participate in all Job Customer Safety Training
- Driver Safety Program to include DOT Physicals
- Substance Abuse & Drug Testing Program
Apprenticeship Training Program
- In house NCCER & NC DOL Certified Program
- Tailored training schedule aligned with current work load and project schedules netting greater retainage
- Focused relevant training that is interactive and customizable
- For individuals that demonstrate the competencies to be NC Electrical Licensee holders we offer prep classes and facilitate the application process.
- It is our goal to have all apprentices become licensed.
- OSHA 10 Training
- OSHA 30 Training
- Safety & First Aid/CPR Training
- Network Awareness Training